Basic and Translation Training School “Novel Experimental CCA Models: from Ex-vivo Patient-Derived Organoids to In-vivo Animal Models”
EURO-CHOLANGIO-NET (European Cholangiocarcinoma Network) is actively seeking trainees interested in attending our training school “Novel Experimental CCA models: from Ex-vivo Patient-Derived Organoids to In-vivo Animal Models” to be held in Glasgow on 18-20 March 2020.
Learning objectives of this training school include:
- Identification of key areas where novel models can help move cholangiocarcinoma research forward;
- Learning protocols for the development of tumour-derived organoids;
- Identification of challenges in the definition of the pathway to obtain fresh tissue from patients and identification of potential solutions to be implemented;
- Learning theoretical skills for the development of co-cultures and the study of cell-to-cell interaction within 3D models;
- Learning about the suitability of novel cholangiocarcinoma animal models to answer different research questions;
- Review of technical guidelines to follow in case of animal experiments.
Successful applicants will receive a grant to be applied towards reimbursement of their overall travel, accommodation, and meal expenses.